Saturday, June 9, 2012

Is a motorcycle ride on your bucket list?

My friend Marie is an amazing woman. A few months ago we were talking about our bucket lists, and she mentioned that riding on a motorcycle is on her list. Today was the day, and here you can see Marie suiting up and getting ready for her first ride.


I wanted a picture before she put on the helmet so we could see the big smile!

I barely remember my first motorcycle ride, since I was about 6 years old when an uncle took all the kids at the family reunion for a short ride around the field. Fast forward to college, when Mike borrowed his friend Duncan's motorcycle a few times to take me for rides around Burlington. I remember sitting on the second story porch over the front door of the sorority house, hearing the motorcycle coming down South Willard Street, and the excitement of hopping on behind Mike and getting away from studying for an hour.

Marie's friends and neighbors were thrilled that she was on a motorcycle, and she had a lot of fun telling them about the experience. It's not often a 70-something woman has the gumption and spirit to get on the back of a motorcycle, but Marie has a zest for living that won't be stopped. Next on her bucket list:  a ride in a hot air balloon.

I'm not sure who had more fun today - Marie or Mike!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I think a motorcycle ride is worthy of being on a person’s bucket list, if only for its ability to provide some of the most spectacular experiences a person can ever experience. Marie sure seems like an amazing woman! Not everyone has the courage to ride a motorcycle in their 70s, and she did it without even flinching! She’s definitely a courageous one! :)

    Regards,
    Clare Westby

    ReplyDelete